The Host is the first employee to interact with guests as they enter the restaurant. It is the job of the Host is to greet arriving guests, welcome them into the establishment and seat them using the seating chart to optimize service. The guests receive their first impression of the service of the restaurant by their interaction with the service team.
– Organizing reservations for the day at the Host Stand
– Monitoring the available dining areas for empty and clean tables
– Estimate ‘Wait Times’ for Guests
– Organizing/Prioritizing a ‘Wait List’
– Answering the telephone for general questions and booking reservations
– Moving tables together to accommodate large parties
– Must be confident, able to work under pressure while maintaining an inviting atmosphere.
1: someone who invites people to a meal or party, or to stay in their home. A woman who does this is sometimes called a hostess when you are our front door hostess….inviting people into our business for a meal and party….our business is your work home…viewing and conducting yourself as defined and mutually discussed and using our business “the place” resources including our Kitchen, Bartender, Hostess and Management teams to execute your event daily….with success!!!
2: a place or organization that arranges a special event and provides the area, buildings, equipment, or services needed for it this is our business as defined…
The Host is the first employee to interact with guests as they enter the restaurant. It is the job of the Host is to greet arriving guests, welcome them
– be yourself, be professional and inviting towards our clients and our teams
– separate personal relationships from business relationships
– dress crisp, hair, make up, shoes, clothes
– be humble, ask for help, own your mistakes
– be teachable, learn from your mistakes and do not repeat
– be friendly smile it goes a long ways in helping you, the teams and the clients feel positive
– be patient and present when at work keep your thoughts and positive energy at work
Lou’s Grill is an equal opportunity employer you have room to grow within our organization.